At Lakeside Dental Care, we understand that missing teeth can be a source of embarrassment and can affect your overall oral health. Dentures offer a cost-effective and easy-to-maintain solution for those looking to replace missing teeth. Whether you are missing a few teeth or all of them, dentures can help you regain the ability to eat and speak properly, improve your appearance and boost your self-confidence.
What are Dentures?
Dentures, also known as false teeth, are a type of restorative dentistry that replace missing teeth. They are made to fit snugly over the gums and are held in place either by natural suction or with the help of denture adhesive. Dentures can be full or partial, depending on the number of missing teeth. Full dentures are used when all of the natural teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain. Dentures are custom-made to fit each individual’s mouth and can be adjusted or remade as the shape of the mouth changes over time.
The process of getting dentures typically involves several steps. Here is an overview of what you can expect when getting dentures at Lakeside Dental Care:
- Consultation: The first step is to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists. During this appointment, we will examine your mouth, take x-rays, and discuss your goals and expectations for your dentures. We will also take detailed impressions of your mouth and make a preliminary denture design.
- Try-in: Once your denture is designed, we will create a try-in version for you to test out. This will give you an opportunity to evaluate the size, shape, and color of the denture and make any necessary adjustments.
- Final denture: Once you are satisfied with the try-in version, we will use the final impressions to create your final denture. We will also make any necessary adjustments to ensure a proper fit and comfort.
- Delivery: Your final denture will be delivered to you and you will receive instructions on how to properly care for them, maintain them and how to insert and remove them.
- Follow-up: We will schedule follow-up appointments to ensure the denture fit properly, make any necessary adjustments, and check on your overall satisfaction with your new denture.
The process can vary depending on the type of denture being made and the individual’s needs. And also the overall time frame for getting dentures can vary depending on the complexity of the case and any necessary repairs or adjustments that may be required.
Benefits of Dentures
- Dentures can help to restore the ability to eat and speak properly
- Improve the appearance of a person’s smile
- They can help to prevent remaining teeth from shifting out of place
- Dentures can help to support the facial muscles and improve the overall appearance of a person’s face
- A cost-effective solution for replacing missing teeth
Dentures are a great option for people who have lost all or most of their natural teeth, and they can help to restore the function and appearance of a person’s smile. They are also a great alternative for those who are not suitable for dental bridges or dental implants. We encourage you to consider dentures as a restorative dentistry option and contact us to schedule an appointment and learn more about how we can help you achieve the smile of your dreams.